In The Classroom
Reminder: Slow down in school zones
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Back to school means school zones will be back in effect.
Officers with the East-Side Patrol Division will be out to remind drivers to keep their eye on school zone speed limits.
Like several law enforcement agencies, teaming with schools on the first day today officers will highlight the importance of slowing down in school zones. Make sure to get off the cell phones and drive with extra precautions around school buses.
Parents will also be schooled on keeping their children safe and away from strangers -- if their kids plan to walk or ride their bike to and from school.
Officers will be out beginning at 6am. The Harris County sheriff's office motorcycle unit will also be out, monitoring various school zones this morning, watch out for them. And of course, keep an eye out for any changing traffic patterns in your neighborhood.
in the classroom, sonia azad
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today