In The Classroom
Reminder: Slow down in school zones
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Back to school means school zones will be back in effect.
Officers with the East-Side Patrol Division will be out to remind drivers to keep their eye on school zone speed limits.
Like several law enforcement agencies, teaming with schools on the first day today officers will highlight the importance of slowing down in school zones. Make sure to get off the cell phones and drive with extra precautions around school buses.
Parents will also be schooled on keeping their children safe and away from strangers -- if their kids plan to walk or ride their bike to and from school.
Officers will be out beginning at 6am. The Harris County sheriff's office motorcycle unit will also be out, monitoring various school zones this morning, watch out for them. And of course, keep an eye out for any changing traffic patterns in your neighborhood.
in the classroom, sonia azad
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 26 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 48 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 7 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug