In The Classroom
Reminder: Slow down in school zones
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Back to school means school zones will be back in effect.
Officers with the East-Side Patrol Division will be out to remind drivers to keep their eye on school zone speed limits.
Like several law enforcement agencies, teaming with schools on the first day today officers will highlight the importance of slowing down in school zones. Make sure to get off the cell phones and drive with extra precautions around school buses.
Parents will also be schooled on keeping their children safe and away from strangers -- if their kids plan to walk or ride their bike to and from school.
Officers will be out beginning at 6am. The Harris County sheriff's office motorcycle unit will also be out, monitoring various school zones this morning, watch out for them. And of course, keep an eye out for any changing traffic patterns in your neighborhood.
in the classroom, sonia azad
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck