In The Classroom
HISD considers plan to buy 4,000 laptops
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston ISD officials are discussing a proposal to purchase more than 4,000 laptops. HISD board members are expected to vote on the proposal at any time.
The $5.7 million project would provide new laptops to 115 schools across the district. They will specifically be used to help students tackle reading obstacles.
Miya Shay will have more on this story this evening on ABC13 Eyewitness News Tonight at 10pm.
houston isd, in the classroom
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women 29 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded 57 min ago
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 7 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone 35 min ago
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers