Bruce Springsteen, wife being sued over horse
(10/08/07 - TRENTON, N.J.) -- Bruce Springsteen and his wife are being sued over a horse.
Olympic equestrian Todd Minikus has filed a breach-of-contract suit against Springsteen and Patti Scialfa for backing out of a deal to buy a horse for their daughter, Jessica. His suit says the couple reneged on a deal to pay him $650,000 for a horse named Pavarotti and give him their horse, Scarlett, who's worth $200,000.
The suit says the couple put down a $25,000 deposit in July but had a change of heart after Minikus rode the horse at the Pan American Games in Brazil. He says the deal was supposed to be completed by August 24th.
He's seeking damages and compensation for the upkeep of Pavarotti. He claims the horse has lost value because Springsteen backed out of the deal. Springsteen's publicist says she has no information about the lawsuit.
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls 46 min ago
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage 54 min ago
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 20 min ago
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- John Paul's legacy stained by sex abuse scandal
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
45 min ago