Local dancer vying for spot on 'DWTS'
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston dancer made his network TV debut, vying for a spot on next season's "Dancing With the Stars".
[SIGN UP: Get entertainment news sent to you]
Alief grad and former University of Houston, Brent Borbon, is competing in the first-ever "Pro-dancer Competition" on the show. Brent has been dancing since he was 14 and currently works at a casino in Las Vegas.
Last night, his family and friends watched the show at the Alamo Draft-House in west Houston to cheer him on.
"This is his dream. He didn't realize it until later in the game but now that he knows what he wants he is going full force and he is not going to stop until he succeeds," said Brent's friend Tiffany Morales.
"To be in that position takes a long time of dancing and to be on national TV -- I'm so proud of him," said Brent's father Ray Borbon.
Brent needed your votes to take part of the next season of "Dancing With The Stars." But the online voting did end at 11am. So, we'll have to wait until next week to see if he had enough votes to keep in the competition.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident