Local dancer vying for spot on 'DWTS'
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston dancer made his network TV debut, vying for a spot on next season's "Dancing With the Stars".
[SIGN UP: Get entertainment news sent to you]
Alief grad and former University of Houston, Brent Borbon, is competing in the first-ever "Pro-dancer Competition" on the show. Brent has been dancing since he was 14 and currently works at a casino in Las Vegas.
Last night, his family and friends watched the show at the Alamo Draft-House in west Houston to cheer him on.
"This is his dream. He didn't realize it until later in the game but now that he knows what he wants he is going full force and he is not going to stop until he succeeds," said Brent's friend Tiffany Morales.
"To be in that position takes a long time of dancing and to be on national TV -- I'm so proud of him," said Brent's father Ray Borbon.
Brent needed your votes to take part of the next season of "Dancing With The Stars." But the online voting did end at 11am. So, we'll have to wait until next week to see if he had enough votes to keep in the competition.
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for northern counties 59 min ago
- Texans fall to Jags for 11th straight loss
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- Live: Share Your Holidays Food Drive 21 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Ice storm in North Texas cuts power to more than 250K 28 min ago
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos