Univision to make shows available on YouTube
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Univision, the biggest Hispanic broadcaster in the U.S., says its shows will be coming to YouTube in the new year.
Videos to be made available include the talk show "El Show de Cristina," based in Miami, and the murder thriller series, "Mujeres Asesinas."
But they won't include popular telenovelas from its Mexican production partner Grupo Televisa SA because of a legal dispute preventing either from putting Televisa content on the Internet in the U.S.
YouTube, the online video site of Google Inc., will share advertising revenue with Univision Communications Inc. after content begins appearing early in the first quarter of next year.
YouTube says its U.S. Hispanic audience is one of its fastest growing demographics, with 6.5 million adult viewers per month, up 80 percent from a year ago.
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017 2 min ago
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium fraud case
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school 5 min ago
- Enormous python caught in Florida
- Is Pope Francis an exorcist?
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos