Sawyer says this is her last week on 'GMA'
NEW YORK -- Diane Sawyer says this week is her last as co-anchor of ABC's "Good Morning America" as she prepares to replace Charles Gibson on the network's "World News."Gibson is retiring. His last broadcast as anchor on "World News" will be Dec. 18. Sawyer starts Dec. 21.
The 63-year-old Sawyer has been on "GMA" for 10 years. She says: "I've calculated -- 2,881 shows. Roughly."
Sawyer made the announcement Monday. She says she hopes "GMA" viewers will "celebrate with us this week, and laugh with us this week, and look back a little with us this week."
abc, good morning america, entertainment
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school 19 min ago
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home