Sawyer says this is her last week on 'GMA'
NEW YORK -- Diane Sawyer says this week is her last as co-anchor of ABC's "Good Morning America" as she prepares to replace Charles Gibson on the network's "World News."Gibson is retiring. His last broadcast as anchor on "World News" will be Dec. 18. Sawyer starts Dec. 21.
The 63-year-old Sawyer has been on "GMA" for 10 years. She says: "I've calculated -- 2,881 shows. Roughly."
Sawyer made the announcement Monday. She says she hopes "GMA" viewers will "celebrate with us this week, and laugh with us this week, and look back a little with us this week."
abc, good morning america, entertainment
- Son shoots, kills man allegedly attacking dad 1 min ago
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Video shows person of interest in Cy-Fair area arson 52 min ago
- Person found shot, killed in SW Houston parking lot 54 min ago
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend 54 min ago
- Man accused of shooting girlfriend's relatives in SE Houston 54 min ago
- Houston city pools open for the summer 47 min ago
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
- David Tillman's weather forecast
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos