Gosselin a no-show at Md. hearing
ROCKVILLE, MD -- Jon Gosselin, the star of TLC's hit reality show "Jon and Kate Plus 8," has not shown up to a hearing in his legal fight with the network.
Gosselin's attorney, Mark Heller, had previously said the celebrity dad would attend Thursday's hearing in Maryland, but the hearing has started without him.
The judge says Gosselin's lawyers don't plan to call witnesses.
The network wants the judge to stop Gosselin from making media appearances that it says violate his exclusive contract. TLC, which is owned by Silver Spring, Md.-based Discovery Communications, says the contract remains in force.
Gosselin says he has a right to earn a living as a media personality. He also claims in a countersuit that TLC violated Pennsylvania's child labor laws in filming his eight children.
jon gosselin, television, entertainment
- Body found inside burned out postal worker's Jeep
- Boy, 6, drowns in Fort Bend County pool 1 min ago
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Robbery suspects lead police on overnight chase 9 min ago
- Nuisance buildings around Houston coming down today 32 min ago
- Triathletes pushing themselves today in The Woodlands 4 min ago
- Getting to Galveston gets a bit easier this weekend 25 min ago
- Golfing great Ken Venturi dies at age 82
- Some lost everything to North Texas tornadoes
- otrc: Emma Watson talks 'tramp stamp'
- abcnews: Pat Robertson tells cheater's wife 'He's a...
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos