Gosselin a no-show at Md. hearing
ROCKVILLE, MD -- Jon Gosselin, the star of TLC's hit reality show "Jon and Kate Plus 8," has not shown up to a hearing in his legal fight with the network.
Gosselin's attorney, Mark Heller, had previously said the celebrity dad would attend Thursday's hearing in Maryland, but the hearing has started without him.
The judge says Gosselin's lawyers don't plan to call witnesses.
The network wants the judge to stop Gosselin from making media appearances that it says violate his exclusive contract. TLC, which is owned by Silver Spring, Md.-based Discovery Communications, says the contract remains in force.
Gosselin says he has a right to earn a living as a media personality. He also claims in a countersuit that TLC violated Pennsylvania's child labor laws in filming his eight children.
jon gosselin, television, entertainment
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 58 min ago
- Suspects posing as officers break into home
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet 10 min ago
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston
- Friends prank guy into thinking he's been...
34 min ago