Cuomo leaving GMA show for '20/20'
NEW YORK -- ABC says Chris Cuomo is leaving "Good Morning America" to co-host the newsmagazine "20/20."
The move paves the way for the announcement -- expected imminently -- that George Stephanopoulos will join the morning show.
Cuomo has been the newsreader on "Good Morning America." His last day will be Friday, the same day as co-host Diane Sawyer, who is replacing the retiring Charles Gibson on "World News."
Cuomo had been considered the main competition to Stephanopoulos for Sawyer's old job. His move to the evening will pair him with co-host Elizabeth Vargas.
20/20, good morning america, entertainment
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 25 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course