Cuomo leaving GMA show for '20/20'
NEW YORK -- ABC says Chris Cuomo is leaving "Good Morning America" to co-host the newsmagazine "20/20."
The move paves the way for the announcement -- expected imminently -- that George Stephanopoulos will join the morning show.
Cuomo has been the newsreader on "Good Morning America." His last day will be Friday, the same day as co-host Diane Sawyer, who is replacing the retiring Charles Gibson on "World News."
Cuomo had been considered the main competition to Stephanopoulos for Sawyer's old job. His move to the evening will pair him with co-host Elizabeth Vargas.
20/20, good morning america, entertainment
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names 38 min ago
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner 56 min ago
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing