'The View' apologizes for 'hooker' remark
NEW YORK -- The daytime talk show "The View" is apologizing for calling one of Tiger Woods' alleged girlfriends a "hooker."
In a statement Friday, the show said Joy Behar's remark about Rachel Uchitel was a joke. But the show apologized for any hurt feelings or misimpressions.
Uchitel's lawyer, Gloria Allred, had demanded the apology. She said her client was upset by what she characterized as the "highly offensive" remark on Thursday's show.
Allred asked for an on-air retraction, but hasn't gotten it. Friday's episode of the talk show was taped before the apology was issued.
the view, talk show, television, entertainment
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations 51 min ago
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush 18 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea says Kim's uncle removed from power 1 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004 33 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands 35 min ago
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Ukraine protesters topple Lenin statue
41 min ago