Michael Moore threatens to boycott Connecticut
NEW HAVEN, CT -- Liberal filmmaker Michael Moore is threatening to organize a boycott of Connecticut in response to Sen. Joseph Lieberman's opposition to key parts of federal health care legislation.
Moore tells The Associated Press he will launch the boycott if Lieberman continues to block the bill and residents fail to pressure him to change his mind. He called for residents to hold rallies and flood Lieberman's office with phone calls and e-mails.
Moore says he will organize millions to boycott Connecticut businesses that have supported Lieberman.
Lieberman, a Connecticut independent, has threatened to join Republicans in blocking health care overhaul over government-run insurance and an expansion of Medicare.
Telephone messages were left Thursday with a Lieberman spokeswoman.
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- Meet Houston Symphony's newest music director
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- 1 child dead, 1 missing in Minn. park landslide
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone