Michael Moore threatens to boycott Connecticut
NEW HAVEN, CT -- Liberal filmmaker Michael Moore is threatening to organize a boycott of Connecticut in response to Sen. Joseph Lieberman's opposition to key parts of federal health care legislation.
Moore tells The Associated Press he will launch the boycott if Lieberman continues to block the bill and residents fail to pressure him to change his mind. He called for residents to hold rallies and flood Lieberman's office with phone calls and e-mails.
Moore says he will organize millions to boycott Connecticut businesses that have supported Lieberman.
Lieberman, a Connecticut independent, has threatened to join Republicans in blocking health care overhaul over government-run insurance and an expansion of Medicare.
Telephone messages were left Thursday with a Lieberman spokeswoman.
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident along Beltway feeder 35 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Moisture moves back with with rain chances rising