Michael Moore threatens to boycott Connecticut
NEW HAVEN, CT -- Liberal filmmaker Michael Moore is threatening to organize a boycott of Connecticut in response to Sen. Joseph Lieberman's opposition to key parts of federal health care legislation.
Moore tells The Associated Press he will launch the boycott if Lieberman continues to block the bill and residents fail to pressure him to change his mind. He called for residents to hold rallies and flood Lieberman's office with phone calls and e-mails.
Moore says he will organize millions to boycott Connecticut businesses that have supported Lieberman.
Lieberman, a Connecticut independent, has threatened to join Republicans in blocking health care overhaul over government-run insurance and an expansion of Medicare.
Telephone messages were left Thursday with a Lieberman spokeswoman.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail