Taylor Swift voted AP entertainer of the year
NEW YORK -- Taylor Swift has been voted The Associated Press entertainer of the year.
The 20-year-old country singer was chosen by newspaper editors and broadcast producers in a poll of AP members. She follows winners Tina Fey in 2008 and Stephen Colbert in 2007.
Swift says she's grateful for the selection. She says her year was full of "golden and shiny" memories.
Swift was seemingly everywhere in 2009, whether performing hits such as "Love Story" and "White Horse" or having her acceptance speech at the MTV Video Music Awards interrupted by Kanye West.
She also hosted "Saturday Night Live" and performed at the Grammys.
Her second album, "Fearless," came out in late 2008.
taylor swift, entertainment
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston