Taylor Swift voted AP entertainer of the year
NEW YORK -- Taylor Swift has been voted The Associated Press entertainer of the year.
The 20-year-old country singer was chosen by newspaper editors and broadcast producers in a poll of AP members. She follows winners Tina Fey in 2008 and Stephen Colbert in 2007.
Swift says she's grateful for the selection. She says her year was full of "golden and shiny" memories.
Swift was seemingly everywhere in 2009, whether performing hits such as "Love Story" and "White Horse" or having her acceptance speech at the MTV Video Music Awards interrupted by Kanye West.
She also hosted "Saturday Night Live" and performed at the Grammys.
Her second album, "Fearless," came out in late 2008.
taylor swift, entertainment
- Suspect in wreck that killed sergeant goes to court
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab burglary 46 min ago
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Houston Super Bowl committee makes pitch in Boston 22 min ago
- Dreamliner returns to skies today with flight from Houston 21 min ago
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Two die in apparent murder-suicide in west Houston
- HISD security officer goes before judge today 22 min ago
- One dies, another injured in head-on accident
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
- Tornadoes level homes in Okla., 21 injured
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos