`Hannah Montana' may be ending after next season
LOS ANGELES, CA -- "Hanna Montana" may be history.
A Disney Channel executive says the popular show starring Miley Cyrus is likely to shut down for good after filming its fourth season.
Senior Vice President of Programming Adam Bonnett told the New York Post that while "you never know in this business," the show is "scheduled to wrap after shooting this next batch of episodes."
A Disney spokeswoman confirmed his comments Friday but would not elaborate.
Production on season four is set to begin later this month. Those episodes will start airing in late spring and continue through 2011.
"Hannah Montana" averages around 5 million viewers a week. A rep for Cyrus did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
KTRK-TV is owned by the Disney company
miley cyrus, entertainment
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo 52 min ago
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable 18 min ago
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home 30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos