George Clooney, MTV working on Haiti telethon
LOS ANGELES, CA -- MTV Networks is working with George Clooney to stage a telethon for Haitian earthquake relief.
MTV spokesman Mark Jafar said Thursday that details are still being worked out.
There's no word yet about other stars getting involved. But Clooney representative Stan Rosenfield said the actor is in the process of helping organize the telethon, which likely would air Jan. 22 on all MTV Networks -- which include VH1, Comedy Central and CMT -- as well as on ABC, NBC, HBO and CNN.
Thousands are feared dead after the massive earthquake, and the Caribbean island nation desperately needs aid.
earthquake, haiti, mtv, entertainment
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 12 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed 15 min ago
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing 25 min ago
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 15 min ago
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen 4 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words 23 min ago
- CVS could face millions in fines for missing painkillers 10 min ago
- Students charged after dog forced to drink beer