O'Donnell says it's time for Leno to step aside
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Rosie O'Donnell says it's time for Jay Leno to step away from late night and not try to flatten the tires of Conan O'Brien.
NBC is seeking to move Leno into his old 11:35 p.m. "Tonight" show time slot and push O'Brien past midnight again.
O'Brien is balking at the move after only seven months at "Tonight," and a negotiated exit from NBC seems likely.
O'Donnell says she was a huge fan of O'Brien. She used the metaphor of a bus driver who should hand over the keys to a new guy, saying: "Pass the keys to the new guy with red hair and not try to flatten his tires before he even gets going."
She was asked her opinion on the late-night fights while in town to promote an HBO documentary.
nbc, television, talk show, entertainment
- Mother killed in police chase remembered 4 min ago
- Mother of drowned girl uses her story to save lives 4 min ago
- Search wraps up for missing swimmer at San Luis Pass 3 min ago
- Detectives: Road rage leads to fatal shooting 3 min ago
- Girl critical after nearly drowning in Cleveland pond 18 min ago
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; 200-plus rescued 54 min ago
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto
- HCSO sergeant killed in crash laid to rest
- Bill modifies concealed handgun licenses
- Warmer weather on its way to Houston area
- Galveston's renovated East Beach makes debut
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- otrc: Mariah has wardrobe malfunction on GMA
- abcnews: Zookeeper dies from tiger attack
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos