O'Donnell says it's time for Leno to step aside
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Rosie O'Donnell says it's time for Jay Leno to step away from late night and not try to flatten the tires of Conan O'Brien.
NBC is seeking to move Leno into his old 11:35 p.m. "Tonight" show time slot and push O'Brien past midnight again.
O'Brien is balking at the move after only seven months at "Tonight," and a negotiated exit from NBC seems likely.
O'Donnell says she was a huge fan of O'Brien. She used the metaphor of a bus driver who should hand over the keys to a new guy, saying: "Pass the keys to the new guy with red hair and not try to flatten his tires before he even gets going."
She was asked her opinion on the late-night fights while in town to promote an HBO documentary.
nbc, television, talk show, entertainment
- Child killed by falling tree branch 1 min ago
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- 3 shoplifting suspects nabbed after hour-long chase
- HISD school principal accused of shoplifting
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Texans can still make the playoffs if...
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman warning others after car sale goes awry
- When fictional sex is bad, really bad
- Last day of warm before the temperatures drop
- Because chimps are 'people' too....?
- Video: Saving money on holiday cards
- Which states swear the most on the phone
- Mom, 17, fatally stabbed while holding baby