O'Donnell says it's time for Leno to step aside
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Rosie O'Donnell says it's time for Jay Leno to step away from late night and not try to flatten the tires of Conan O'Brien.
NBC is seeking to move Leno into his old 11:35 p.m. "Tonight" show time slot and push O'Brien past midnight again.
O'Brien is balking at the move after only seven months at "Tonight," and a negotiated exit from NBC seems likely.
O'Donnell says she was a huge fan of O'Brien. She used the metaphor of a bus driver who should hand over the keys to a new guy, saying: "Pass the keys to the new guy with red hair and not try to flatten his tires before he even gets going."
She was asked her opinion on the late-night fights while in town to promote an HBO documentary.
nbc, television, talk show, entertainment
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 20 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped 15 min ago
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student 42 min ago
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school 23 min ago
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged 50 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born