'Jersey Shore' cast party overwhelms NJ nightclub
MONTCLAIR, NJ -- Police say fans of MTV's "Jersey Shore" deluged a New Jersey nightclub, forcing the closure of a thoroughfare and leading to the arrests of four people.
Property owner Dick Grabowsky told the Newark Star-Ledger that about 2,000 people showed up at the 501 Lounge in Montclair on Friday night. He says the club has a capacity of 800.
Montclair Police Chief David Sabagh says fights broke out among the crowds who gathered for the advertised meet and greet with the cast of the hit reality TV show. Four people were arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and drunken driving.
Police closed a stretch of the main business strip outside the club for two hours.
The show focuses on the escapades of eight 20-somethings thrown together at a summer shore house. The stars are mostly Italian-Americans.
new jersey, mtv, entertainment
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery 8 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Family escapes house fire in east Houston
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day 6 min ago
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas