Jessica Simpson working to send shoes to Haiti
NASHVILLE, TN -- Jessica Simpson is raising money to send shoes to earthquake victims in Haiti.
Simpson has teamed up with the Nashville-based organization Soles4Souls. The charity has pledged to work with other aid agencies to give out one million pairs of shoes.
Simpson is urging people to "do everything that we can for the victims in Haiti. Just five dollars will buy two people a pair of shoes."
The charity says Haitian survivors need shoes to protect against broken glass, twisted metal and raw sewage.
People can donate at www.50Kshoes.com.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale