Jessica Simpson working to send shoes to Haiti
NASHVILLE, TN -- Jessica Simpson is raising money to send shoes to earthquake victims in Haiti.
Simpson has teamed up with the Nashville-based organization Soles4Souls. The charity has pledged to work with other aid agencies to give out one million pairs of shoes.
Simpson is urging people to "do everything that we can for the victims in Haiti. Just five dollars will buy two people a pair of shoes."
The charity says Haitian survivors need shoes to protect against broken glass, twisted metal and raw sewage.
People can donate at www.50Kshoes.com.
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthough year' 1 min ago
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash