Ugly truth for 'Ugly Betty': This season it ends
NEW YORK -- It's ugly news for all the fans of "Ugly Betty." ABC says the series will be canceled after this season.
A critical and popular success with its premiere in fall 2006, "Ugly Betty" has struggled in recent years with audience erosion.
Based on a Colombian telenovela, the warmhearted dramedy stars America Ferrera as an ambitious but style-challenged young woman out to build a future at a New York fashion magazine.
ABC is promising that the series will conclude its run in a fashion that will satisfy its fans. ABC says eight episodes are left.
The series has been saluted with Emmy, Golden Globe and Peabody awards, among others.
abc, television, entertainment
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site 46 min ago
- Astrodome to be considered historic landmark
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Two of 3 suspected burglars caught in the act
- HISD board to discuss mascot controversy 57 min ago
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party
- Restaurant robbery attempt foiled by quick-thinking worker