Fan campaign urges 'SNL' to make Betty White host
NEW YORK -- More than 188,000 people on Facebook are urging "Saturday Night Live" to make Betty White a host.The campaign has been gaining followers and attention, just as the 88-year-old actress has become more ubiquitous. She was given a lifetime achievement award at the Screen Actors Guild Awards and starred in a Super Bowl commercial for Snickers that has ranked as one of the game's most popular.
The Facebook page, which isn't affiliated with White, says she would be a "fantastic" host and that it would be a terrific way to honor her.
Representatives for White said she had no comment. NBC is also not commenting.
nbc, television, entertainment
- ABC News: Oklahoma tornado death toll rises to 91 2 min ago
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co.
- Ex-teen sex slave devotes new life to helping others
- Houston Super Bowl committee making its pitch in Boston
- Texas search team to help after OK twister 43 min ago
- Two arrested for trespassing after found on roof of church
- Toby Keith says Oklahoma hometown is 'strong'
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos