Sarah Palin's Alaska series to appear on TLC
NEW YORK -- The TLC network will air Sarah Palin's eight-part series about her home state of Alaska.
Network owner Discovery Communications announced Thursday that it had acquired rights to the series. It's being produced by Mark Burnett, who produces "Survivor" and several other TV series.
The series tells stories of some of Alaska's unique features as seen through the eyes of its former governor. It will be called "Sarah Palin's Alaska."
Discovery reportedly won a competition for the series with the A&E Networks. There is no immediate word on when it will premiere.
sarah palin, entertainment
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- HISD expanding dual language program