Singing Taiwanese boy is web sensation
NEW YORK -- Could the next Susan Boyle be a young Taiwanese man with a soprano's voice?Videos of 24-year-old Lin Yu-chun singing Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You" have exploded online.
Since his performance Friday evening on the Taiwanese talent show "One Million Star," clips have racked up nearly 800,000 views on YouTube and were likely to climb further. Much of the appeal is Lin's pitch-perfect rendition of the song in the style of Whitney Houston, who covered it for the soundtrack to the 1992 film "The Bodyguard."
Lin may have Houston's vocal cords, but the squat man with a bowl haircut doesn't resemble the diva in any other way.
Boyle was catapulted to international stardom after her performance of "I Dreamed a Dream" on "Britain's Got Talent."
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters 33 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 48 min ago
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos 42 min ago
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou