Aventura nabs 9 Billboard Latin Music Awards
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico -- The New York bachata band Aventura has won nine Billboard Latin Music Awards, including Latin artist and album of the year.
In a close second is Puerto Rican reggaeton artist Tito "El Bambino," who finished Thursday night's ceremony with seven awards, including hot Latin song for "El Amor" and hot Latin song male artist of the year.
Puerto Rican pop singer Luis Fonsi ended up with four awards, while reggaeton duo Wisin y Yandel got three.
Larry Hernandez was tapped as Latin artist of the year, while Alejandro Sanz featuring Alicia Keys won hot Latin song in the vocal event for "Looking for Paradise."
The awards were held for the first time in the U.S. Caribbean territory of Puerto Rico.
award shows, entertainment
- Traffic headache remains near La Porte 13 min ago
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- Authorities raid alleged stash house in SE Houston
- 8 hurt, some seriously, when car jumps curb in NYC
- Social services worker stole from clients in SE Texas
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Mentally disabled mother, child held captive in Ohio
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos