Aventura nabs 9 Billboard Latin Music Awards
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico -- The New York bachata band Aventura has won nine Billboard Latin Music Awards, including Latin artist and album of the year.
In a close second is Puerto Rican reggaeton artist Tito "El Bambino," who finished Thursday night's ceremony with seven awards, including hot Latin song for "El Amor" and hot Latin song male artist of the year.
Puerto Rican pop singer Luis Fonsi ended up with four awards, while reggaeton duo Wisin y Yandel got three.
Larry Hernandez was tapped as Latin artist of the year, while Alejandro Sanz featuring Alicia Keys won hot Latin song in the vocal event for "Looking for Paradise."
The awards were held for the first time in the U.S. Caribbean territory of Puerto Rico.
award shows, entertainment
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County
- City slammed for deal with topless clubs
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon
- Man says found treasure should be his
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark 36 min ago
- W. Houston restaurant owners on edge after tire-slashing 51 min ago
- Siblings shot in domestic dispute in SW Houston 35 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southeast Houston
- Blood test could offer early answer for kids with austim
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation