Aventura nabs 9 Billboard Latin Music Awards
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico -- The New York bachata band Aventura has won nine Billboard Latin Music Awards, including Latin artist and album of the year.
In a close second is Puerto Rican reggaeton artist Tito "El Bambino," who finished Thursday night's ceremony with seven awards, including hot Latin song for "El Amor" and hot Latin song male artist of the year.
Puerto Rican pop singer Luis Fonsi ended up with four awards, while reggaeton duo Wisin y Yandel got three.
Larry Hernandez was tapped as Latin artist of the year, while Alejandro Sanz featuring Alicia Keys won hot Latin song in the vocal event for "Looking for Paradise."
The awards were held for the first time in the U.S. Caribbean territory of Puerto Rico.
award shows, entertainment
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 19 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 20 min ago
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt 13 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly 59 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns