Angelina Jolie makes low-profile visit to Haiti
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti -- Actress Angelina Jolie has quietly returned to Haiti for meetings with Haitian and U.N. officials.
The weekend visit by the "goodwill ambassador" for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was not announced to keep it low-profile.
U.N. officials confirmed the visit when asked by The Associated Press. They agreed to discuss the trip only if not quoted by name because they were asked not to share details of Jolie's visit.
Jolie has visited Haiti several times. In February she met with orphans and other earthquake victims.
The actress has also visited Iraq, Thailand, Pakistan and other countries on behalf of the U.N. refugee agency.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 12 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects