'American Idol' lowers age eligibility
LOS ANGELES, CA -- The next "American Idol" may not be able to drive a car.
Fox said in a statement Monday that the age eligibility to audition for the upcoming 10th season of the singing competition would be lowered from 16 to 15 years old. The maximum age to audition remains 28.
"American Idol" executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz said in a statement that "a lot of young, talented people are now seeking careers and representation before they turn 16."
Auditions for the next season will begin July 17 in Nashville, Tenn. Other audition cities include Milwaukee, New Orleans, San Francisco, East Rutherford, N.J., and Austin, Texas.
los angeles, entertainment
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today