'The Bachelor' star Pavelka splits with fiancée
LOS ANGELES, CA -- "The Bachelor" is flying solo again.
Jake Pavelka and Vienna Giraldi, the lovey-dovey couple who met and became engaged in front of millions of viewers on the 14th season of the ABC dating series, have called off their engagement, according to Pavelka's spokeswoman.
Janice Lee said "Jake and Vienna have split. They appreciate the respect for their privacy at this time." No additional details were provided.
After choosing 23-year-old marketing representative Giraldi on "The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love," 32-year-old pilot Pavelka competed on the 10th season of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" and was eliminated fifth from the competition.
Only four of the 13 previous couples who met on "The Bachelor" are still together.
los angeles, entertainment
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 9 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 50 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers