'The Bachelor' star Pavelka splits with fiancée
LOS ANGELES, CA -- "The Bachelor" is flying solo again.
Jake Pavelka and Vienna Giraldi, the lovey-dovey couple who met and became engaged in front of millions of viewers on the 14th season of the ABC dating series, have called off their engagement, according to Pavelka's spokeswoman.
Janice Lee said "Jake and Vienna have split. They appreciate the respect for their privacy at this time." No additional details were provided.
After choosing 23-year-old marketing representative Giraldi on "The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love," 32-year-old pilot Pavelka competed on the 10th season of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" and was eliminated fifth from the competition.
Only four of the 13 previous couples who met on "The Bachelor" are still together.
los angeles, entertainment
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident 48 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 15 min ago
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women 7 min ago
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- SpaceX launches supplies to space station 29 min ago
- Easter on 4/20, pot holy day; pastors reach out 46 min ago
- University overstated fiscal health by some $23M 56 min ago
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio