'The Bachelor' star Pavelka splits with fiancée
LOS ANGELES, CA -- "The Bachelor" is flying solo again.
Jake Pavelka and Vienna Giraldi, the lovey-dovey couple who met and became engaged in front of millions of viewers on the 14th season of the ABC dating series, have called off their engagement, according to Pavelka's spokeswoman.
Janice Lee said "Jake and Vienna have split. They appreciate the respect for their privacy at this time." No additional details were provided.
After choosing 23-year-old marketing representative Giraldi on "The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love," 32-year-old pilot Pavelka competed on the 10th season of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" and was eliminated fifth from the competition.
Only four of the 13 previous couples who met on "The Bachelor" are still together.
los angeles, entertainment
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston 6 min ago
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Cold, damp weather to continue 3 min ago
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 43 min ago
- Ice to linger over much of Texas 56 min ago
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats