Fans in NY, LA, elsewhere remember Michael Jackson
NEW YORK -- Michael Jackson fans in New York City and elsewhere are remembering him on the anniversary of his death.The King of Pop died a year ago Friday at age 50.
Harlem's Apollo Theater is where a young Jackson and his brothers won amateur night. On Friday it hosts a commemoration of his life.
The Rev. Al Sharpton is a longtime Jackson family associate and plans a moment of silence around the time Jackson died.
City officials in Gary, Ind., say there will be a tribute at the family's home there.
Barricades already are set up at Jackson's Los Angeles-area cemetery for the huge throng of fans and some of his relatives expected to arrive Friday. Wreaths of flowers and dozens of bouquets, drawings and photos of Jackson have been placed outside his mausoleum.
michael jackson, entertainment
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths 23 min ago
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable 48 min ago
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse 15 min ago
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos