NYC police accuse rapper Ice-T of driving offense
NEW YORK -- New York City police say they have arrested rapper-actor Ice-T on accusations of driving with a suspended license.
Police say the entertainer was driving a 2009 Cadillac near West 40th Street and 11th Avenue on Tuesday when officers stopped him for not wearing a seat belt. They said they ran a check and discovered his license was suspended.
The NYPD said he would be given a ticket and released. His publicist did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Ice-T has played Detective Fin Tutuola on the TV drama "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" since 2000.
new york city, entertainment
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 21 min ago
- Know the guy in this surveillance video? 40 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots 49 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle