Steve Harvey takes over as new 'Family Feud' host
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Steve Harvey says he's bringing change to "Family Feud" and viewers better get ready to laugh.
Harvey, who debuts as the game show's new host Monday, is drawing on his decades in comedy to take the program in a new direction. He's already taped 100 episodes.
He hasn't been at a loss for inspiration, Harvey said. Turns out that playing a game show in the studio, distracted by the audience, lights and noise, can be tougher than the competing families anticipated.
Their incorrect answers are giving him plenty of material to play with, Harvey said. But he said he's keeping the humor strictly G-rated for the syndicated show.
Harvey is replacing actor John O'Hurley, who hosted "Family Feud" for four seasons.
los angeles, entertainment
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded 14 min ago
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop 21 min ago
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Magnitude-6.2 quake hits Chile's northern coast 19 min ago
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV