Steve Harvey takes over as new 'Family Feud' host
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Steve Harvey says he's bringing change to "Family Feud" and viewers better get ready to laugh.
Harvey, who debuts as the game show's new host Monday, is drawing on his decades in comedy to take the program in a new direction. He's already taped 100 episodes.
He hasn't been at a loss for inspiration, Harvey said. Turns out that playing a game show in the studio, distracted by the audience, lights and noise, can be tougher than the competing families anticipated.
Their incorrect answers are giving him plenty of material to play with, Harvey said. But he said he's keeping the humor strictly G-rated for the syndicated show.
Harvey is replacing actor John O'Hurley, who hosted "Family Feud" for four seasons.
los angeles, entertainment
- weather: Storms moving through southeast Texas
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas 8 min ago
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 11 min ago
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast 57 min ago
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church