Steve Harvey takes over as new 'Family Feud' host
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Steve Harvey says he's bringing change to "Family Feud" and viewers better get ready to laugh.
Harvey, who debuts as the game show's new host Monday, is drawing on his decades in comedy to take the program in a new direction. He's already taped 100 episodes.
He hasn't been at a loss for inspiration, Harvey said. Turns out that playing a game show in the studio, distracted by the audience, lights and noise, can be tougher than the competing families anticipated.
Their incorrect answers are giving him plenty of material to play with, Harvey said. But he said he's keeping the humor strictly G-rated for the syndicated show.
Harvey is replacing actor John O'Hurley, who hosted "Family Feud" for four seasons.
los angeles, entertainment
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife 16 min ago
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house 46 min ago
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates 37 min ago
- Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- Texas rapper indicted, controlled substance count
- Galveston leaders to meet over Ike housing story
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol