Ex-CNN host Rick Sanchez says he 'screwed up'
NEW YORK -- Fired CNN host Rick Sanchez isn't mincing any words. He says he was wrong and he screwed up.
Interviewed on ABC's "Good Morning America" a week after losing his job at CNN, Sanchez apologized Friday for his slams at CNN and at Comedy Central's Jon Stewart, whom he had called a "bigot."Those remarks were aired on a radio program on Sept. 30. Sanchez explained that he was tired when he made that radio appearance and said things he didn't mean to say. A day later, he was out of a job. He has no beef with Stewart or with CNN, he declared. When "GMA" host George Stephanopoulos asked if he would ever go back to CNN if given the chance, Sanchez said, "absolutely. CNN is a wonderful, wonderful organization."
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown 55 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart