Jay Leno drops by Palin hometown to visit troops
ANCHORAGE, AK -- Late night talk show host Jay Leno dropped by Sarah Palin's hometown to help open an Air Force Reserve recruiting office.
The host of "The Tonight Show" was in Alaska to perform a show Saturday at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Anchorage. He also helped cut a ribbon for the opening of an Air Force Reserve recruiting office in Wasilla, the home of Palin, the former Alaska governor and GOP vice presidential nominee.KTUU-TV reports Leno shook hands with fans and inspected several vehicles driven to the event, including a small truck rebuilt to resemble a giant Radio Flyer red wagon. Leno thanked new recruits who were sworn in during the grand opening.
- Severe weather possible across Houston area
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 26 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 26 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Casey Curry's Saturday forecast
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos