No plea deal yet in Lohan necklace theft case
LOS ANGELES, CA -- A judge has told Lindsay Lohan that if she accepts a plea deal on charges of stealing a necklace, she will go to jail.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Keith Schwartz told the "Mean Girls" actress that he would sentence her to jail if she pleaded guilty or no contest to a charge filed after a jewelry store reported at $2,500 necklace missing.
The judge said if Lohan doesn't accept a plea deal, the case will go to a preliminary hearing when prosecutors will lay out evidence against the actress.
The 24-year-old said she understood Schwartz's comments. She is due back in court on March 10, when the case will either be resolved or set for another hearing.
Details of the plea deal offered by prosecutors haven't been revealed.
lindsay lohan, entertainment
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 45 min ago
- HISD to decide fate of 2 schools at risk of closure
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Live chat about blood donations
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 6 min ago
- Church offering drive-through prayers 40 min ago
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co.
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home