No plea deal yet in Lohan necklace theft case
LOS ANGELES, CA -- A judge has told Lindsay Lohan that if she accepts a plea deal on charges of stealing a necklace, she will go to jail.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Keith Schwartz told the "Mean Girls" actress that he would sentence her to jail if she pleaded guilty or no contest to a charge filed after a jewelry store reported at $2,500 necklace missing.
The judge said if Lohan doesn't accept a plea deal, the case will go to a preliminary hearing when prosecutors will lay out evidence against the actress.
The 24-year-old said she understood Schwartz's comments. She is due back in court on March 10, when the case will either be resolved or set for another hearing.
Details of the plea deal offered by prosecutors haven't been revealed.
lindsay lohan, entertainment
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting 2 min ago
- Video from violent fast food robbery released 59 min ago
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year 8 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today 22 min ago
- Female libido drug remains in limbo
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos