Ex-Alice in Chains bassist found dead in home
SALT LAKE CITY, UT -- Police say officers have found former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr dead in a home near Salt Lake City's downtown area.
Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson says officers responded to the home Tuesday afternoon. He says details about the cause or circumstances of the 44-year-old's death were not immediately available.
It wasn't immediately clear who owned the home or phoned police.
Starr was the original bassist for Alice in Chains, an iconic Seattle-based band that made its mark on the grunge scene of the early 1990s. He left the group in 1993.
Josephson says Salt Lake City police arrested Starr last month on suspicion of possession of medications without a required prescription.
Starr appeared on the third season of VH1's "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" in 2009.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped 44 min ago
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time! 6 min ago
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera 38 min ago
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin 8 min ago
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak