Ex-Alice in Chains bassist found dead in home
SALT LAKE CITY, UT -- Police say officers have found former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr dead in a home near Salt Lake City's downtown area.
Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson says officers responded to the home Tuesday afternoon. He says details about the cause or circumstances of the 44-year-old's death were not immediately available.
It wasn't immediately clear who owned the home or phoned police.
Starr was the original bassist for Alice in Chains, an iconic Seattle-based band that made its mark on the grunge scene of the early 1990s. He left the group in 1993.
Josephson says Salt Lake City police arrested Starr last month on suspicion of possession of medications without a required prescription.
Starr appeared on the third season of VH1's "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" in 2009.
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos