Rapper Rick Ross charged with marijuana possession
SHREVEPORT, LA -- Rapper Rick Ross has been arrested in Louisiana on a marijuana possession charge.
Police spokesman Bill Goodin said Monday that Ross, whose real name is William Roberts II, was issued a misdemeanor summons and released after Friday night's arrest.
Roberts, known for such albums as "Teflon Don" and "Deeper Than Rap," was arrested after police responded to a complaint about the smell of marijuana at the Hilton Hotel.
Upon checking, Goodin said police confiscated 1 gram of what investigators believed to be marijuana.
An official with the rapper's record label did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment.
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game 39 min ago
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer