Rapper Rick Ross charged with marijuana possession
SHREVEPORT, LA -- Rapper Rick Ross has been arrested in Louisiana on a marijuana possession charge.
Police spokesman Bill Goodin said Monday that Ross, whose real name is William Roberts II, was issued a misdemeanor summons and released after Friday night's arrest.
Roberts, known for such albums as "Teflon Don" and "Deeper Than Rap," was arrested after police responded to a complaint about the smell of marijuana at the Hilton Hotel.
Upon checking, Goodin said police confiscated 1 gram of what investigators believed to be marijuana.
An official with the rapper's record label did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment.
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- North Forest ISD files new request to stop annexation
- Equipment theft threatens Texas Equusearch's existence
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos