Rosie O'Donnell relocating to Oprah studio
CHICAGO, IL -- When Oprah Winfrey's show ends, it looks like Rosie O'Donnell may be moving into the West Loop studio.
Reports say O'Donnell will shoot her new show at Harpo's facilities.
O'Donnell's show will air on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
The final original episode of Winfrey's show is scheduled to air May 25. Winfrey opened the studios in 1990.
"I'm delighted to welcome Rosie to the studio I've called home for so many years," Winfrey said in a statement.
The network announced last summer that O'Donnell would return to television with a one-hour talk show to air on OWN. The network said at the time that the show would be based in New York.
"I can't wait to do my show from Chicago," O'Donnell said in a statement. "It's a dream come true ... beyond the beyond."
O'Donnell previously hosted "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" from 1996 to 2002, earning six daytime Emmy awards. O'Donnell also spent time on "The View."
Harpo Studios presidents Erik Logan and Sheri Salata called the announcement "an exciting new chapter" for the company.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
oprah winfrey, illinois, entertainment
- Search in OK nears complettion; tornado was EF5 4 min ago
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Watching line of storms to our north
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case 12 min ago
- Menil Picasso vandal sentenced to 2 years
- Houston women take on fight to end sex trafficking 32 min ago
- Officials link College Station's E. coli cases to restaurant
- BBQ marinades that are friendly to your mouth, wallet
- Photos: Go back in time with these Bathing Beauties!
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos