Black Eyed Peas to give free NYC concert in June
NEW YORK -- Get ready to party with the Black Eyed Peas -- for free.
The six-time Grammy-winning group will hold a free concert in New York City's Central Park on June 9.
The show -- dubbed "Concert 4 NYC" -- will benefit the Robin Hood Foundation, a charity targeting poverty in NYC.
Although the show is free, concertgoers must have tickets to enter. More than 50,000 tickets are available through an online giveaway. VIP tickets will also be sold online.
Robin Hood's partnership with the multiplatinum foursome includes funding to launch three Peapod Academies. The school is an arts center for teenagers started by the Black Eyed Peas.
new york city, entertainment
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies 15 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 16 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game