Katie Couric makes move to ABC for talk show
NEW YORK -- Katie Couric has done morning TV, the evening news and will now enter the world of daytime talk in the post-Oprah Winfrey era.
ABC announced Monday a multiyear deal with Couric to produce the talk show, set to bow in September 2012. She will also do some work for ABC News in the interim.
Couric had talked with all the major players in the syndication market. But by the time she signed off last month after five years as the "CBS Evening News" anchor, ABC had outlasted the other suitors.
ABC's bet is that with Winfrey ending a talk show that dominated the marketplace, viewers might seek something new. Couric is the biggest available name out there.
abc, talk show, television, entertainment
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- Canada to claim North Pole as their own
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos