Lohan released from house arrest after 35 days
Lindsay Lohan has been released from house arrest after serving 35 days for a probation violation.
Jail records show the actress was released around 10:20 a.m. Wednesday.
Lohan is not entirely free. She still has to complete 480 hours of community service, complete an anti-shoplifting class and comply with other terms of her release.
She was sentenced to four months in jail in May for violating her probation in a 2007 drunken driving case by taking a necklace from a jewelry store without permission earlier this year.
Her confinement in her home in the beachside community of Venice was not without drama. A judge chided her last week for hosting parties at her house but determined the 24-year-old hadn't violated any conditions of her probation.
lindsay lohan, entertainment
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 1 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case 36 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school 9 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston