'Hangover' star Cooper to star in 'Paradise Lost'
SYDNEY, Australia -- "The Hangover" star Bradley Cooper will appear as Lucifer in a movie version of the classic poem "Paradise Lost" to be filmed in Sydney.
An Australian official says the movie will be directed by Australian Alex Proyas, who also directed "I, Robot" starring Will Smith and "Knowing" with Nicholas Cage.
New South Wales state Acting Premier Andrew Stoner says the movie will be shot predominantly at Fox Studios in Sydney. It is targeted for release in 2013.
"Paradise Lost" is an epic poem by 17th century English poet John Milton. It tells the story of Satan tempting Adam and Eve, and their expulsion from the Garden of Eden.
Stoner said Wednesday that had the movie not been lured to Sydney with financial incentives, "it would have been opportunity lost, not Paradise Lost."
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 17 min ago
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well 48 min ago
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43 32 min ago
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms 34 min ago
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better 24 min ago
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20