Rain blows out amps, cancels INXS show in Pa.
PLAINS, PA -- A concert by the Australian band INXS (IN'-excess) at a northeastern Pennsylvania casino had to be canceled after a rain storm shorted out the electrical system.
The Times-Tribune of Scranton reports the band was in the middle of its fourth song at Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs on Sunday night when heavy rain covered the stage and blew out the amplifiers.
The band, popular in the 1980s and 1990s with hits like "Devil Inside", "What You Need", and "Need You Tonight", signed autographs and chatted with fans after the show was canceled.
- Former Houstonian in iconic WWII photo dies 9 min ago
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's Friday fugitives? 34 min ago
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
28 min ago