Jury can hear statements from ex-'Melrose' actress
SOMERVILLE, NJ -- Jurors will hear statements made to authorities by an actress who appeared on the "Melrose Place" TV series at her aggravated manslaughter trial in New Jersey.
A judge ruled Amy Locane was able to understand the consequences of waiving her rights even though she was "clearly intoxicated" and sedated with anti-anxiety medications.
A police officer testified the actress was giggling and laughing after a motor vehicle crash that claimed a woman's life in Montgomery in 2010.
Prosecutors allege the 39-year-old, who lives in Hopewell, was drunk and speeding when her SUV struck a vehicle that was pulling into a driveway.
The Star-Ledger of Newark reports her lawyer declined to comment on the judge's ruling.
The trial has not been scheduled.
new jersey, entertainment
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 57 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir 58 min ago
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center 16 min ago
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Arrest made in fatal shooting of security guard
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies 32 min ago
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line 32 min ago
- Behold, the pizza cake 25 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case 40 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 42 min ago