Panetta congratulates Iraq vet for winning 'Dancing'
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Winning `Dancing With the Stars' has landed J.R. Martinez an invitation to the Pentagon.
A military spokesman says Defense Secretary Leon Panetta called Martinez today to congratulate him on winning the competition. Captain John Kirby says plans are now in the works for Martinez to visit the Defense Department soon.
Martinez is an Iraq war veteran who was badly burned when a land mine exploded under the Humvee he was driving.
Kirby says Panetta called Martinez "a testament to the strength and the resilience of our wounded warriors."
dancing with the stars, entertainment
- Traffic headache remains near La Porte 45 min ago
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed
- Investigators want new probe of 1996 TWA crash 51 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Task force to look at Sugar Land red light cameras
- Don't they like the way he looks?
- Astros to announce signing of top pick Appel today 2 min ago
- Feds: Men tried to make X-ray weapon 52 min ago
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- 8 hurt, some seriously, when car jumps curb in NYC
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos