Witherspoon's parents at odds over new marriage
NASHVILLE, TN -- Actress Reese Witherspoon's mother has filed a petition of annulment to wipe out her husband's recent second marriage.
Mary Elizabeth Witherspoon says in court documents filed May 8 that her husband John Drake Witherspoon has taken a second wife who may be taking advantage of his mental condition.
The couple has been separated since 1996, but remains married.
The filing alleges John Witherspoon's new wife has tried to take out loans as Mrs. John Witherspoon, lives in his condo and has had him sign a new will.
A message for Reese Witherspoon's publicist was not immediately returned. Neither was a message left for John Witherspoon at his office.
- Boy, 15, bitten by shark at Surfside Beach
- Court says pre-Miranda silence can be used
- Police: Teen dies trying to protect his mom
- Bullet-proof glass saves store clerk during shooting
- Robbers hit jewelry store in The Woodlands
- One dead in multi-vehicle wreck in N. Harris Co.
- Resident fights to save tree in The Heights
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Webster flower shop murder shocks community
- NASA picks 8 new astronauts, 4 of them women
- Photos: Daytime Emmy Awards red carpet arrivals
- otrc: Kim Kardashian gives birth to baby girl
- abcnews: Burned woman warns of spa dangers
- Video: Good Samaritan stabbed by own sword