'Forrest Gump' actor Sinise to raise money for vet
RICHMOND, VA -- Actor Gary Sinise is keeping a promise to help raise money for a southwest Virginia Marine who lost his limbs in Afghanistan.
The star who played disabled Vietnam War veteran Lt. Dan in "Forrest Gump" is set to perform with his band named after the fictional character in Martinsville on Thursday. He canceled the fundraiser in March after suffering injuries in a car accident.
Sinise's foundation is helping build a specially equipped home for 22-year-old Patrick County Marine Cpl. J.B. Kerns. Kerns lost his right arm below the elbow and both his legs below the knees in an explosion in Afghanistan.
The 57-year-old actor says he's been involved in supporting the military for years but became more active after 9/11.
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend 56 min ago
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos