Thai ministry complains about Lady Gaga's show
BANGKOK, Thailand -- Thailand's Culture Ministry is criticizing Lady Gaga over what it says was her inappropriate use of a Thai flag during a Bangkok concert last month.
Lady Gaga wore a traditional Thai headdress and a bikini and sat on a motorcycle with a Thai flag tied to it.
The ministry says the act was "not appropriate and hurt the feelings of the Thai people."
The ministry's Permanent Secretary Somchai Seanglai says his agency gave police a summary of public complaints it received.
Somchai says that is protocol but the ministry does not intend to seek legal action against the American pop diva.
Her Asian tour has been wildly popular but also raised objections. An Indonesian show was canceled after Muslim hard-liners denounced it.
- Tanker spill cleanup continues today 43 min ago
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed 3 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Mentally disabled mother, child held captive in Ohio 52 min ago
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos