Kenny Rogers avoids auction, sells Ga. home
JEFFERSON, GA -- The northeast Georgia home owned by country singer Kenny Rogers that was scheduled to be put up for auction has been sold.
Grand Estates Auction Co. in Charlotte, N.C., says Rogers sold the house and its 150 acres Wednesday for $2.25 million.
The property is located near Nicholson, Ga., and included a 5,681-square-foot-house, a 2,675-square foot pool, an 8-acre lake, horse riding trails, go-cart track and other amenities.
The Athens Banner-Herald reports the auction was called off suddenly Tuesday afternoon after attracting nearly a dozen potential buyers. Soon after the auction was scheduled to take place, organizers announced Rogers had taken the property off the market.
- Tanker spill cleanup to continue overnight
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Gay pride parade's condom policy draws criticism
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos