Death certificate: Griffith died of heart attack
RALEIGH, NC -- The death certificate for Andy Griffith says the actor's death earlier this week was caused by a heart attack.
The certificate says the 86-year-old had suffered the attack 24 hours before he died at 7 a.m. Tuesday. It also says he had suffered for years from other illnesses, including coronary artery disease, hypertension and hyperlipidemia, which can be a form of high cholesterol or high triglycerides.
Griffith's death certificate was filed Thursday with the vital records office in Dare County. It says he's buried in the Griffith Family Cemetery in Manteo. Dr. Johnny Farrow of Manteo signed the certificate.
Griffith was best known for playing Sheriff Andy Taylor in "The Andy Griffith Show," which aired from 1960 to 1968. He was born in Mount Airy and lived in Manteo.
north carolina, entertainment
- Homeowner shoots intruder in NW Harris County 13 min ago
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Bicyclist hit by SUV in Walmart parking lot in NW Harris Co. 16 min ago
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy 9 min ago
- Tropical Storm Barry bears down on Mexico's coast
- Stampede over Beckham injures 5 in Shanghai 10 min ago
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
- David Tillman's Thursday weather forecast
39 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos