Randy Travis cited for simple assault in Dallas suburb
PLANO, TX -- Police in suburban Dallas say they're citing country star Randy Travis for simple assault after he got involved in a couple's argument.
Plano police Officer David Tilley said Friday that a woman and her estranged husband were arguing Thursday night in a church parking lot. He says Travis apparently knows the woman and got involved.
Tilley says nobody was hurt, but Travis and another woman were ticketed for simple assault, a Class C misdemeanor similar to a parking citation.
A Travis representative didn't immediately comment.
Travis was arrested Aug. 7 in Grayson County on charges of driving while intoxicated and retaliation or obstruction, for allegedly threatening officers. He was arrested in February in Sanger for public intoxication.
The police report does not indicate alcohol was involved in the latest incident.
- Memorial service for Nelson Mandela 5 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak