Duran Duran cancels shows due to ill keyboardist
PITTSBURGH, PA -- Duran Duran is canceling several concerts because of the illness of keyboard player Nick Rhodes.
The band had already called off concerts over the past week in Pittsburgh; in Kettering, Ohio; outside Chicago; and in Atlantic City, N.J.
The band had hoped to reschedule some of the shows, but decided to cancel the final half-dozen shows on its North American tour. That includes the four U.S. concerts and two shows in Orillia, Ontario.
The band has said Rhodes is suffering from exhaustion or a possible viral infection.
According to the band's website, "Nick held out all week, hoping that he would be well enough to perform again for these final few shows, but unfortunately the medical advice he has been given today requires him to continue to rest."
- One dead, two injured in Colorado school shooting 8 min ago
- Woman found dead inside burned out home 1 min ago
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 6 min ago
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Tech sergeant surprises kids at school in time for Christmas 14 min ago
- Volunteers with local relief agency return from Philippines
- Man accused of throwing father out of his own home 35 min ago
- Police searching for Denny's restaurant robbers 36 min ago
- Police chase prompts lockdown at 2 schools 38 min ago
- Ex-Houston port IT director posts bond on theft charge 41 min ago
- Man accused of plotting to detonate bomb at Wichita airport
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos