Hundreds pay respects to Robin Roberts' mother
GULFPORT, MS -- Hundreds of people waited in line for an hour or more to pay their respects to the late Lucimarian Roberts, a leader on Mississippi's Gulf Coast for more than 40 years and the mother of ABC's "Good Morning America" co-host Robin Roberts.
Bradford-O'Keefe Funeral Home employees tell the Sun-Herald that at least 700 people came to the wake Tuesday evening.
A private funeral is scheduled Wednesday, with burial at the Biloxi National Cemetery next to her husband, Col. Lawrence Roberts, who died in 2004.
Lucimarian Roberts was the first black to serve as chairman of the Mississippi State Board of Education.
She died Thursday at her home in Pass Christian at age 88.
Her children also include New Orleans anchor Sally-Ann Roberts of WWL-TV.
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny 40 min ago
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire 39 min ago
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend 22 min ago
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos