James Bond's Aston Martin in charity auction
LONDON -- For sale: used sports car, one debonair but dangerous owner.
The Aston Martin V12 DBS coupe which featured in the James Bond film "Quantum of Solace" is the top attraction at a charity auction marking the 50th anniversary of the first 007 film, "Dr. No."
Christie's auctioneers said Thursday that the car, a 2008 model, is expected to sell for at least 100,000 pounds ($160,000) at an invitation-only auction on Oct. 5. Proceeds will benefit Barnardo's, a British children's charity.
Nine other items, including sunglasses worn by Daniel Craig in "Quantum of Solace," will also be offered Oct. 5 in support of other charities.
Christie's said 40 items will be offered through an online auction from Sept. 28 to Oct. 8 to benefit UNICEF.
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home 57 min ago
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy 26 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field 33 min ago
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades 59 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold 2 min ago
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell 29 min ago
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse 28 min ago
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home
- Video: Flu widespread in Harris County 29 min ago
- Man found reading Bible after chase in NW Harris Co.
- Sneak peek at rare art exhibit
4 min ago
- Flu widespread in Harris County
29 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos