Warrant issued for ex-Grateful Dead drummer Hart
HARRODSBURG, KY -- Police in Kentucky have a warrant for the arrest of former Grateful Dead drummer Mickey Hart stemming from an alleged assault after a recent show.
Harrodsburg Police Lt. Chad Powell told The Associated Press on Thursday that the warrant stems from an incident Saturday after a performance by the Mickey Hart Band at Terrapin Hill Farm in Harrodsburg.
Powell says that the investigation is ongoing and that the paperwork could not be released. Mercer County Attorney Ted Dean was in court Thursday morning and did not immediately return a call seeking comment. Email messages sent to Hart's management were not immediately returned Thursday morning.
Details of the incident remain unclear. Hart played with the Grateful Dead from 1967 until 1995.
The website TMZ.com first reported the incident.
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 21 min ago
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 23 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 12 min ago
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather